Are you an entrepreneur with a promising idea but are struggling to raise necessary funding? The New Orleans Startup Fund provides capital to early-stage ventures located in the Greater New Orleans area. We are seeking to invest in high-growth companies with viable business plans that project growth of at least $20 million in five years. Investment sizes range between $25,000 and $100,000.
In addition to providing seed capital, The Startup Fund offers expert technical assistance to its portfolio companies and will connect you to our network of angel investors and venture capitalists for follow-on investment.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
- Southeast Louisiana based business and entrepreneurs
- Looking to raise $250,000 and $1,000,000 of growth capital
- Open to equity or debt investment vehicles
- Have completed their research and prototype phases
- Have initial revenues and initial customer validation however small
- Have a long term, sustainable competitive advantage through Intellectual Property or similar assets
- Have some skin in the game in the form of friends/family/founder investment
Willing to Consider Pre-Money Companies If:
- Proven management team in the field you are developing
- Commercialization of NSF or other grant programs where IP is filed
- You have an order or customer that you are trying to fill
You Are Too Early If:
- You have an idea for a new product and you are looking to build a prototype
- You have an idea for a new website but nothing built yet
- You need money for research into a new field
You Are Not a Good Fit If:
- Your deal is over $2,000,000 in fund raising
- You are looking to move a company to New Orleans. We don’t have funds available to relocate firms.
- You are a retail location, restaurant, manufacturer’s rep, distributor. You must have something new, or something proprietary.
Want to see our portfolio of investments?
You are now
ready to submit an application
Please fill out the form below for consideration of investment from the New Orleans Startup Fund. Our team will review your application and reply soon with any updates or questions.